I've enrolled in the Royal Conservatory of Music's "How To Teach Music Online" course. This should be interesting. It's important to expose ourselves to new ideas in areas we believe we are competent in with an open mind. Stay tuned for a review.
How to Teach Music Online | The Royal Conservatory of Music (rcmusic.com)
Living by design in 2021. Shit happens: Covid. But, we can still make plans and head out with some confidence in a direction of our own choosing. We will get there? Who knows. If we have the privilege to consider this idea though, I say go for it.
Sales tune-up. Why?
I am a slow walker, but I never walk back. --Abraham Lincoln
Those are all good reasons to practice, study, and dream.
Daily Classical Piano
I want to change my time sense. I play on top of the beat. Drums and piano ride front and centre. I want to learn to control my placement, consciously and deliberately. At age 61, why not? If not now, when?
Drumming ideas from Lowell Whitty
1. Developing exercises both tactical and auditory for my jazz students
2. Music history group forming: level 9
3. Bach, Beethoven, Brahms this week
4. Lesson next week
1. Paradiddle applications
2. Working on a more open and robust sound when playing in 2
3. Solid funk articulations in shuffle grooves
4. Composing a piano/snare drum duet of 16 measures for a student
5. Weekly lessons
1. Mixing for Fade/Dissolve cinematic noise trio
2. Some new patches for my Arturia Microfreak. Micro be damned, this things a monster
What we knew was coming has arrived.
What will I be practicing?
With whom will I be playing music with?
1. My wife. She has her first violin exam in December. What fun.
2. Fade/Dissolve Cinematic Noise Trio. We are mixing tracks now.
3. Piano/Drum duo, more news on that upcoming.
Stay safe, follow health directions, see you on the other side.
Despite the ongoing pandemic we are finding safe ways to play together. When the weather gets cold it will be a challenge, but we are staying on top of developments. If we must take the winter off, so be it.
What I'm up to behind the scenes.